Victoria Park, named after Queen Victoria, is Prince Edward Island’s largest park, with about 18 hectares of land.
The park was opened in 1873 but was nowhere as large as it is now. In 1873, 40 acres of the Government House Farm were given to the city for park use and later, in 1905, 16 more acres of land were provided, which made the park as large as it is now.
The park has many historical features, including the Prince Edward Battery and survey stones that mark the meridional line.
The park offers many outdoor activities, including a swimming pool, tennis courts, ballparks, skateboard park, a large playground, long grassy fields, and a boardwalk along the water.