Probably, our post office is the first in Upper Canada.
Queenston became a port of customs in 1801, with Thomas Dickson being its first collector of customs. The following year, 1802, it became a post office, which it still retains, making it one of the longest continuing post offices in Ontario.
Much of the mail going to Britain passed through Queenston and went on to New York.
In 1829, the same year the Welland Canal opened, the postmaster general moved the official post office to Niagara.