Andrew Malcolm was the founder of Andrew Malcolm Furniture Company. The beautiful, Canadian-made furniture was used in many Canadian Hotels.
In 1874 Malcolm moved to Lake Huron and formed a partnership with a young Scotsman, John Watson, who owned a furniture shop at Kincardine, Ontario. The company named Watson and Malcolm began producing furniture at Kincardine.
In 1897 Watson died. Andre Malcolm’s sons Andrew and James joined the business and became Andrew Malcolm Furniture Company. The furniture factory was based in Listowel, Ontario, from 1900.
In 1912 the company won the contract about which every furniture manufacturer dreamed: to supply furniture to the hotel chain owned by the Canadian Pacific Railway, beginning with the Banff Springs Hotel and the Hotel Vancouver.
Difficulty securing workers forced the Andrew Malcolm Furniture company to close in 1973.
In Kincardine, a street is named after him; Andrew Malcolm Drive.