In the early 1900s, the area where Redwater stands was settled first by Ukrainian settlers.
Initially constructed in 1926, the monumental Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Church was originally named the Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church of Canada. Although small, when it was constructed, the church was known as the “Ukrainian National Home” with a priest of Ukrainian origin. Eventually, the church became a primarily religious site for those of Ukrainian origin.
Photo: Google Street View