The Wilberforce Red Cross Outpost & Historic House is the site of the first Red Cross Outpost Hospital in Ontario, as well as the first hospital of any kind in Haliburton County and its surrounding area.
The Red Cross Outpost opened in 1922 and was operated by live-in nurses until 1957. It then continued to serve various community and medical services until 1963.
It was declared a National Historic Site of Canada in 2003.
Photo: Vlad Umnov