Skinner’s originated in 1929 when the owner Jim Skinner Sr. opened a small stand that sold 10 cent hotdogs and 5 cent fires. The stand was opened in a depressed economy which led to it gaining numerous loyal customers.
Since its opening, Skinner’s has become a part of a tradition for many families, many have passed on the tradition to visit the restaurant every Sunday with their friends and families.
The interior of the restaurant is inspired by an old retro theme which includes Jukeboxes, bright red seating and black and white checkered flooring.
The restaurant has come a long way from its original stand with its 10 cent hotdogs and 5 cent fries, but it continues to be a staple for the community of Lockport and those around it.
Skinner’s is located in Lockport in two different locations - one on River Road and the other on Highway 44.