The Cathedral Church of St. James is located in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The parish was founded in 1797, making it the site of the city’s oldest congregation. The cathedral was one of the biggest structures in the city at the time. Construction on it started in 1850, and it was ready for use on June 19, 1853. It is a fine example of Gothic Revival architecture and was created by Frederick William Cumberland.