The Niagara Parkway, formerly known as Niagara Boulevard and historically as the Niagara Road, is a scenic drive running parallel to the Niagara River 55 km from Fort Erie in the south, to Niagara-on-the-Lake in the north. The parkway is one of the oldest in Ontario. Construction of the Niagara Parkway began in 1908 and was completed in 1931.
When British Prime Minister, Sir Winston Churchill visited Niagara Falls in 1943 and he is quoted as saying
the Niagara Parkway is the “prettiest Sunday afternoon drive in the world.”