One of the most beautiful sites in Whitehorse is Miles Canyon. Almost nine million years ago, a rush of basaltic lava spread over a pre-glacial landscape a few kilometres from Whitehorse downtown.
Originally referred to as Grand Canyon, it was renamed in July of 1883 Miles Canyon after General Nelson Miles.
A 25-meter-long suspension bridge across Miles Canyon was built in 1922. It’s offering great river views.