Merrickville ruins – an abandoned old foundation – are a part of the Merrickville Lockstation Walking Tour.
Built in 1844, the remains of the woollen mill were leased to Thomas Watchorn. It ran until 1954 – 106 years – when it was destroyed by fire.
The ruins have been stabilized. The town decided to create an “interpretive” ruin as part of the industrial island complex.
Makes for a nice walk down to the Rideau River.