The Manitoba Glass Works in Beausejour is the site of the first glass container factory in Western Canada. In the early 1900th, glass-blowers from Poland and the United States, aided by local labour, used silica sand to produce bottles for breweries and soft drink companies in Winnipeg, serving the prairie market.
The Beausejour works were closed by 1914. No buildings remain at the site but the concrete foundations can still be seen. It is a Manitoba-designated historic site.
Photo: Rose Kuzina, mhs.mb.ca