The museum owes its existence to a local farmer, Isaac Clarkson. In his youth he starting restoring. One of his first prizes was a 1909 Hupmobile. He continued to acquire and restore vehicles at his farm for year after year. Mr. Clarkson donated his entire collection to the foundation, which at the time numbered some 65 vehicles. The museum has continued to grow and expend its collection which even includes a vintage school house. It is hard to believe what is behind the museum doors.