The Queen Anne style house built at the corner of Wellington and Christina streets in 1892 for lumber baron William Lawrence is the home to the city-owned Lawrence House Centre for the Arts. The Lawrence House Centre for the Arts officially opened its doors on June 17, 2001, providing a venue for performances, exhibitions, educational programs and special activities for all ages.
The Lawrence House was occupied by the Lawrence Family until 1940. The house remained uninhabited, yet fully furnished, until 1977 when it was donated to the City of Sarnia. Through generous donations from the Suncor Energy Foundation and the City of Sarnia, the house was fully restored in 1986.
We have a beautiful Gift Shop and try to have a new art exhibit every month.