The Church of Saint-Jean is located in the small quaint town of Saint-Jean-de-l’Île-d’Orléans. It was originally built in 1754 but remodelled in 1852 into a Baroque church and designed to look like the Cathedral Norte-Dame de Quebec.
The interior is grand, with a high roof, many intricate statues, complex paintings, and sleek white walls. The church is situated quite close to the river, which is fitting because the village that the church is located in was mostly populated by maritime pilots. These people directed ships to their proper locations.
Photos: Marc-Lautenbacher, CC BY-SA 4.0