The museum belonged to one of the first doctors of Leduc, Dr. Robert Woods. The medical wing was attached to the house, built in 1927. The house is a historical landmark that illustrates Art Deco period architecture.
The museum is open all year long. In 2008, the Alberta Registered Historic Site declared Dr. Woods a historic site. The museum offers guided tours, educational programs and tea times open all year round. It is a great place to learn the history of Leduc.