Historic Site of Manitoba
Camp Morton is a provincial park located on the west shore of Lake Winnipeg and is 6km north of Gimli. The park is named after Monsignor Thomas W. Morton who developed the area in 1920 as a summer camp for orphaned and underprivileged children. Monsignor Morton had come from England in order to be a rector of St. Mary’s Cathedral of Winnipeg in 1919.
Camp Morton was built in 1920 for Roman Catholic children as a summer outdoor religious camp.