Built in 1927 for the Canadian Pacific Railway, the Plain of Six Glaciers Tea House is one of the most historic and famous buildings in the Canadian Rockies. Today, there is still no road access or electricity and the building is in its’ original form.
It was built for the enjoyment of their guests at the Chateau Lake Louise. The materials for the building were pack-horsed in and sourced from the area. Food supplies were brought in by pack-horse, with staff riding in every day.