Irving House is the oldest intact house in the Lower Mainland.
It is still on the original property where Captain William Irving had it built in 1865. Since 1950 the City of New Westminster has owned the house and it has operated as a local heritage centre. Irving House remains a symbol of New Westminster’s prosperity and optimism during a time of rapid change and uncertainty in the colony.
Photo: Paul Fuoco, NWHPS