The 1000 Towns of Canada
is a digital project operated by Canadian not-for-profit corporation AVZ Studios from November 2016.
1000 Towns of Canada helps to build a digital communication bridge between small towns communities across all Canadian Provinces and Territories. It would help local residents to reinforce the sense of community and sell local charm.
1000 Towns is a digital one-stop shop platform based on modern digital, mobile and social media tools. The idea of the project is to build communication bridge between Canadian small towns instead of separated local websites. Each Canadian small town (about 1000 towns with a population from 1,000 to 30,000) will be represented on the platform by a mini-website.
Unlike TripAdvisor, Expedia or Google Search, 1000 Towns provides local content curated by locals living in towns. Communities will have the opportunity to share thoughts, impressions and memories about their towns, as well as adding real-time events and local attractions that is fully searchable.
The 1000 towns will destroy “digital walls” between local communities providing modern tools for external communications.
The 1000 Towns of Canada outcomes are
- To reinforce the sense of community in Canadian small towns,
- To create modern digital communication channels between communities, including web, mobile, social media, to promote equal opportunity for cultural and economic growth
- To strengthen local communities/authorities helping economic growth by external communications
- To engage visitors to small towns promoting local charm and intercultural opportunities
AVZ Studios is a not-for-profit corporation based in Canada and founded by digital media and web professionals. We started the company to provide public benefit via exploration & creation of digital, cultural, educational, and historical projects in the sphere of local communities’ improvement.
Primarily, this purpose is intended to be achieved by creating and collaborating in
- local communities building
- digital projects
- historical research
We hope that through the new discoveries of the past, people will be able to change their present & future in a variety of ways, including increased tourism, new art & business opportunities in towns and be more conscious of their environment.
AVZ Studios is an operator of 1000 Towns of Canada digital project from November 2016. The project is so huge; we decided to concentrate on 1000 Towns on this stage.
- The 1000 Towns will rollout the project across Canada from the first steps. The platform will include every town with a population of less 30,000 to give each community and all residents equal opportunity to promote and popularize their place using modern digital, mobile, social media tools. Local content will be created and curated by local residents. The 1000 Towns community will be based on the Network of Ambassadors.
- The 1000 Towns will build a Network of Ambassadors (local volunteers) from each small town to engage locals in the project. The project will be based on the Network and govern by it. The strengthening of the Network will increase civic engagement of local communities.