From: Chesley, Ontario
Lights (born Valerie Anne Poxleitner) is a Juno Award-winning singer and songwriter.
- Born in 1987 in Timmins, Ontario
- Grew up in Chesley, Ontario
- Lives in Mission, British Columbia
Lights is known for her gold-certified album The Listening (2009), as well as singles “Drive My Soul“, “February Air“, “Ice“, “Second Go“, “Toes“, and “Up We Go“.
Lights – Up We Go, 2014
She studied in Chelsey High School.
Lights reflects on her time at Chelsey District High School, 2011
She moved to Toronto at the age of 18 when she legally changed her name to Lights.
- 2009 – Juno Award for New Artist of the Year
- 2009 – Astral Media Radio awards
- 2010 – debut album The Listening was given a gold certification by the Canadian Recording Industry Association for sales of 40,000 units
- 2015 – album Little Machines won the Juno Award for “Pop Album of the Year”
- 2017 – album Skin & Earth
Lights married metalcore rocker Beau Bokan of the band Blessthefall in 2012, and the couple welcomed their first child together, daughter Rocket Wild, in 2014.
The town of Chesley is located in Bruce County, Ontario.